Organizing Your Pages
Just as you can have subcategories within your Categories, you can also have subpages within your Pages, creating a hierarchy of pages.
For example, a WordPress site for a travel agent may feature an individual Page for each continent and country to which the agency can make travel arrangements. Under the Page titled "Africa" would be subpages for Cameroon, Lesotho, Swaziland and Togo. Another parent Page "South America" would feature subpages of Argentina, Brazil and Chile.
The structure of the pages on the site would then look like this.
- South America
To create a subpage
- Go to Administration > Pages > Add New panel.
- In the right menu, click the "Page Parent" drop-down menu. The drop-down menu contains a list of all the Pages already created for your site.
- Select the appropriate parent Page from the drop-down menu to make the current Page a child Page.
- Add content to the subpage.
- Click Publish when ready.
In the above example, the Permalink for the Cameroon Page would be: