If you are a reseller, you may want to register your own branded/private nameservers instead of using our servers' primary nameservers. That way, the nameservers you will be sharing with your clients are those at your own domain. Therefore, your clients will never know that you are actually a reseller.
Also, if you have purchased a VPS or dedicated server, you may want to register your own branded nameservers to use with your server.
If you registered your domain name with Jubilee Web Host, follow the steps below to register your private nameservers. If you registered your domain name with a different registrar, you may want to reach out to them for specific guidelines on how to register your private nameservers.
Begin by obtaining the IP addresses you will be using for your private nameservers. If you are a reseller, these are the IPs for the nameservers associated with the server hosting your reseller account. For VPS or dedicated server account holders, choose any IP addresses associated with your server and dedicate them to be used for nameservers. Should you be unsure of which IPs to use, contacting your hosting provider.
Now that you have the IPs, let's get to work.
- Login to your billing/client area at https://www.jubileewebhost.com/clients/clientarea.php
- Navigate to Domains > My Domains.
- Identify the domain name for which you want to register private nameservers.
- Click anywhere in the domain name listing (but not on the actual domain) OR Click the down arrow to the right of the domain name and select "Manage Domain" OR Click the "spanner" icon to the right of the domain name.
- On the domain "Overview" page, click "Private Nameservers" under "Manage" on the right navigation panel.
- Enter the DNS Host Name e.g ns1
- Enter the IP address you want to associate with this private nameserver under DNS Host IP e.g 184.108.40.206.
- Click "Add Name Server" to confirm.
- Continue procedures 6 - 8 above until you have registered all your private nameservers..
- Done! Congratulations. You just registered your private nameservers.
Now that you are done registering your private nameservers, you can go ahead and use them for all the domain names you will be hosting on your reseller account or server.
For procedures on how to setup or change a domain's nameservers, click here.
Should you need any help registering private nameservers, please don't hesitate to contact our support team. We shall be glad to assist you.