This section attempts to answer some basic questions about email accounts and webmail.
How do I log into webmail?
- Access your domain at port
2096. To do so, you will need to affix your domain with a colon (:) and
2096. For example,
- Enter the email address you wish to access in the Email field. (e.g.
- Enter the corresponding password in the Password field.
- Click the Login button.
Can an individual user access webmail without the cPanel control panel?
Yes, simply go to
example.com with your domain name) to log in directly with the email account and password.
How does webmail work on a cPanel server?
Webmail works by using a vhost entry in the Apache configuration file (
Attempts to connect to either
http://example.com/webmail will call
mod_proxy, which then forwards the initial tcp connection to the
CPServD then contacts the browser and tells it to listen on port 2095 (port 2096 for secure connections).
Finally, the browser communicates with the server on port 2095 via tcp (port 2096 for secure connections).
I am unable to see the webmail page.
If you are unable to reach webmail, please try the following:
- Open ports 2095 and 2096 in your firewall.
- If you created a subdomain or add-on domain for webmail, remove it.
- If you created an A record in DNS for webmail, remove it.
- If you created a webmail subdirectory in the document root, remove it.
- Ask your system administrator run the following script:
/scripts/rebuildhttpdconfand then restart Apache.
Why can't I find the webmail application I want?
Your hosting provider may have disabled 1 or more of the 3 webmail clients we offer with cPanel. For more information, you will need to contact your hosting provider to find out whether this is the case, and why they have disabled the client.
Why can't I log out?
This is most likely because your hosting provider has chosen to use HTTP authentication, rather than cookie-based authentication. To completely log out of your webmail account, you need to quit your browser session completely. When quitting your browser session, you need to make sure to close all windows and tabs, and ensure that you have terminated the browser application.
For more information about using cookie-based authentication, you should contact your hosting provider.
Why can I send but not receive mail?
You should inform your hosting provider about the situation and request their technical support.
Can I filter incoming messages?
Yes! To learn how, visit our Mail Filtering documentation.
How can I filter spam?
cPanel comes equipped with 2 applications that will help prevent spam:
- BoxTrapper — BoxTrapper works through "challenge-response" verification. When an email is sent to an account that has enabled BoxTrapper, a verification email is automatically sent in response. At this point, the sender will need to respond to the verification email so that his or her address is whitelisted and able to send mail to your email account.
- SpamAssassin — SpamAssassin is an email utility that attempts to filter spam by examining incoming email and testing for spam characteristics. The testing results in an overall score. If an incoming message reaches or exceeds a predefined score, the message is discarded.
Your hosting provider may have disabled 1 or both of these email utilities. If you do not see BoxTrapper or SpamAssassin in your cPanel interface, contact your provider for information about filtering spam email.
Why does a particular webmail application load automatically?
This is because you clicked the Enable AutoLoad link on the Secure Webmail Login screen. To disable auto-loading:
- Click the Webmail icon on your cPanel home page.
- Click the Go to Secure Webmail Login link on the resulting page.
- Click the Stop button before the timer counts down to
0in the pop-up window.
- Click the red Disable AutoLoad link to prevent the webmail client from automatically loading whenever you access the Secure Webmail Login screen.
How can I direct incoming mail to another email account?
Mail forwarders allow you to forward mail from one email address to another. To learn more about setting up mail forwarders, visit our Mail Forwarders documentation.
After I read mail in my mail client, it remains marked as unread in cPanel's webmail.
This is most likely because your hosting provider has opted to use the POP3 protocol to retrieve email. This protocol does not inform the mail server when you read messages. For more information about the email protocol your server uses to retrieve mail, you should contact your web hosting provider.